The information on this page was last updated 3/21/2023. If you see errors or omissions, please email: [email protected]
Providing an environment where people can encounter God.
34 Forest Glen Road
Huntsville, TX 77340
Email: [email protected]
CEO/President: RANCE HUGHES
Chairman: John Davidhizar Sr.
Board size: 8
Founder: Child Evangelism Fellowship of Harris Co
Tax deductible: Yes
Fiscal year end: 12/31
Member of ECFA: No
Member of ECFA since:
Forest Glen Camps and Retreats exists to provide an environment where people can encounter God
Forest Glen Camps & Retreats exists to provide an environment where people can encounter God.
Statement of faith
All groups who utilize the facilities of Forest Glen under their own programming shall be in agreement with the following Statement of Faith:
1) The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God, are inerrant in the original writings, and are the supreme & final authority in faith & life.
2) There is one God, eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.
3) Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God & true man.
4) Man was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God. All human beings are born with a sinful nature.
5) Jesus Christ died for all our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative & substitutionary sacrifice. All who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
6) Jesus Christ rose from the dead in His physical body, ascended into Heaven, and is in His present life there for us our High Priest & Advocate.
7) Jesus Christ will personally return to Earth in like manner as He ascended into Heaven and set up His Kingdom wherein He will rule & reign in righteousness.
8) All who receive by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become the children of God.
9)There shall come the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust which shall result in the blessedness of the saved and the retribution of the lost.
Donor confidence score
|Does the organization have a statement of faith consistent with historic Christian creeds and is that statement of easily found on its website?||Yes||3/3|
|Does the board have no more than 2 non-independent members?||Yes||8/8|
|Does the board have at least four independent board members for every non-independent member?||Yes||3/3|
|Does the board contain between 5 and 11 members?||Yes||8/8|
|Does the organization file a Form 990 and make its Form 990 available to the public?||Yes||20/20|
|Does the organization make its audit or review (if annual revenue is more than $1-m) available on its website?||No||0/3|
|Is the organization a member of the ECFA?||No||0/15|
|Is the CEO/President's compensation within one standard deviation of the median compensation?||Yes||3/3|
|Did the organization operate at a net profit (revenue greater than expenses) in the most recent year?||No||0/3|
|Does the organization refrain from owning or leasing a private aircraft, or having fractional interest in one, that is primarily used for travel by the organization's leaders?||Yes||3/3|
|For the past five years, has the organization been free of any lawsuits or administrative actions filed against it by an employee, client, board member, vendor, donor, or other related party?||Yes||3/3|
|Are author royalties and speaking engagement fees paid to the organization, and not the individual?||Yes||3/3|
|Does the organization require its employees to affirm upon hiring the statement of faith of the organization?||Yes||3/3|
|Is the board chair an independent member of the board?||Yes||3/3|
|Does the board have term limits?||Yes||3/3|
|Have there been no public accusations of misdeeds against the organization, founder, CEO, senior pastor, or board members in the past five years?||Yes||3/3|
|Has the organization refrained from the use of non-disclosure agreements?||Yes||3/3|
|Does the organization have an overall financial efficiency rating of at least 3 stars?||No||0/10|
|Total donor confidence score||69/100|
Financial efficiency ratings
Sector: Community Development
This ministry has not been rated.
Financial ratios for this ministry have not been calculated.
Financials for this ministry have not been collected.
|John D Davidhizar Sr||Chairman||$152,978|
Compensation data as of: 12/31/2022
No response has been provided by this ministry.
The information below was provided to MinistryWatch by the ministry itself. It was last updated 3/21/2023. To update the information below, please email: [email protected]
For a timeline, visit: https://forestglen.org/about2/our-story/